50 gram margarine (I usually use half of that and I actually prefer that)
4 1/2 deciliters (225 gram) wheat flour
3 deciliters (190 gram, I usually use 2 thirds of that amount) sugar
2 tsp vanilla (I always use 2 tblsp)
1 tblsp baking soda
2 1/2 deciliters soy milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C (390 F) degrees
- Grease the pan (1 1/2 liter) and coat with breadcrumbs
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Melt the margarine and add the soy milk.
- Mix it with the rest of the ingredients
- Bake it in the lower part of the oven for 25 minutes.
Tips for variants:
2 tbsps cocoa powder for chocolate cake
thin apple slices, dipped in sugar and cinnamon
Serve as it is or with thick or whipped soy cream or oat cream (or any other vegan cream you like).